Tasty eaten raw. Flavour intensifies when cooked.
Mushroom Pesto Fettuccine
Mushroom Pesto Fettuccine. Try using sundried tomato, cilantro or mint pesto for variety in this quick and easy supper dish.
Recipe and image courtesy of Mushrooms Canada.
- 12 oz of dry fettuccine, cooked and drained*
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 lb of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup of red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of prepared basil pesto sauce
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts or chopped walnuts
Cook fettuccine according to package directions; meanwhile in large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms and onions for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned; reduce heat and stir in garlic, pesto sauce and salt, heat just until warm. Add drained, hot pasta and toss to coat well; taste and add a little more salt if not garnishing with Parmesan cheese. Serve hot or at room temperature. Garnish with cheese if desired and nuts.
* It is always a good idea to save a little of the pasta water to thin out the pesto if it is thick.