Tasty eaten raw. Flavour intensifies when cooked.
Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Apple Cream
- 2 Tbsp. each butter and vegetable oil
- 3 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 tsp chopped thyme (fresh)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ pd. white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red apple, sliced
- 4 pork loin chops
- 2 cups sparking apple juice
- 2 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- ½ cup cream
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Heat butter and half the oil in large frying pan, add garlic, thyme, onion, mushrooms and apple, cook, stirring, until onion is transparent. Set aside in bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in pan, and add pork chops, cook on both sides until browned.
- Return apple mixture to pan with juice, cover and simmer, until pork is tender.
- Add sage and cream and blended water and cornstarch.
- Stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.